Model One Awards
The annual Model One Awards (MOAs) embodies the spirit of design and innovation. The prestigious MOAs recognize industrial design students for excellence in product design. The MOAs offer students from design schools across the country the opportunity to showcase their skills, creativity, and originality.
The awards also give universities and design schools a platform to promote their design programs and gain visibility as leading design institutions.
Model Solution congratulates the 2017 Model One Awards (MOAs) winners presented at the IDSA 2017 Conference in Atlanta. These eight students from various institutions across the United States have challenged themselves and developed products that enhance quality of life, improve safety, disrupt current technologies and utilize new design concepts.
2017 MOA Award Winning Designs & Case Studies
- Ben Stibal from Purdue University – Respire is a customizable respirator with a built-in fan to remove heat and ensure users don't re-breathe the same air.
- Loren Chen from the University of Notre Dame – The Homegrown indoor composting solution helps gardeners monitor what they put in their compost bin.
- Samuel Ach from Metropolitan State University of Denver - Cybex Mono is a next generation functional weight training platform that maximizes versatility and heightens user engagement through the integration of physical and digital experiences.
- Mike Jacobs from Arizona State University – One Zero is a wearable device that aids athletic performance by strengthening an athlete’s focus on clear and achievable goals.
- Juliette Laroche from the University of Houston – Innsaei scuba diving mask increases communication capabilities between divers.
All full appearance models were produced by Model Solution. View details of the winning designs.
2016 MOA Award Winning Designs & Case Studies
HUMIAir Bluetooth Enabled Seasonal Humidifier
NC State University
INCAIR In-Home Monitor for Independent Living Seniors
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Salud Automatic Medicine Dispenser: Mock-up Features Removable Parts, Tactile Buttons, and Functional LEDs
Arizona State University
HELIOS Ontrack Racing Wheelchair: A Team Effort
Richard Woodard, John Proffitt, Jiachen Wang, Antoinette Vickio, Ray Jalufka, Jesus Garate
University of Houston
dot Groove Production Studio
College for Creative Studies
Aurora Air Purifier
Women's Lacrosse Helmet
Emily K. Stokes
The Ohio State University